While we love developing our own recipes, one of the best thing about the Paleo community is the quality of the recipe blogs that are already out there. There are so, so many smart, food-loving people out there who are constantly creating new dishes, and who have published many delicious recipes. This page is a round-up of our favorites.
Our favorite blogs
- Nom Nom Paleo
- The Clothes Make the Girl
- Taylor Made it Paleo
- Slim Palate
- The Spunky Coconut
- The Paleo Mom
- Civilized Caveman
- Against All Grain
Cooking How-To’s and Resources
- How to Render Duck Fat
- Why Your Bone Broth Doesn’t Gel
- How to make Coconut Whipped Cream
- How to Clean a Cast Iron Skillet
- Seasoning Cast Iron Pans
- Pressure Cooker Time Charts
- Lunch Box Inspiration (Nom Nom Paleo)
- Whole30 Resources Roundup (The Clothes Make the Girl) – absolutely everything you need to get started with Whole30
Spice Blends & Condiments
- Italian Sausage Spice Blend
- Taco Seasoning (and Turkey Taco recipe)
- Kickass Ketchup from Well Fed 2 (I add salt because I always buy unsalted tomato paste)
Main Courses – Poultry
- Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs – an absolute favorite in our house. Salt the chicken liberally in the morning and leave them in the fridge to dry brine for a while, as per Nom Nom Paleo. You can use this recipe for white meat too, but flip it after 5 minutes in the oven and then remove it after 3-5 more minutes (check the internal temperature).
- Paleo Orange Chicken
- Cracklin’ Chicken – someday I will get faster at boning chicken thighs. Serve this with Paleo Waffles for a tasty take on southern Chicken & Waffles.
- Lemony Chicken Thighs – it can be hard to find Kosher boneless-skinless chicken thighs, but when I can get my hands on them, this is my favorite way to prepare them. I like to add some chopped up artichoke hearts to this recipe.
- Damn Fine Chicken – lives up to its name for sure.
- Paleo Chicken Shawarma
- Quick Moist Chicken Breasts – great for shredding
Main Courses – Beef & Lamb
- Julia’s Boeuf Bourguignon – we replaced the wine with an extra 2 cups of broth plus 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Sweet Savory Pot Roast – this works very well with butternut squash in place of the sweet potato.
- Deconstructed Gyro Salad
- Chili Spiced Skirt Steak Tacos
- Easy Slow Cooker Taco Meat – if you don’t like heat, skip the red pepper flakes.
- Bittersweet (two ingredient!) chocolate mousse with fleur de sel
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
- “Peanut Butter” Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Bars
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Real Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies – don’t skip the food processor. It makes a big difference.
- Paleo Banana Bread
- Multi-Seed Crackers – we love these seasoned with za’atar and dipped in our Butternut Squash Hummus!
- Crock Pot Apple Butter
- Sunbutter Cups
- Paleo Fruit n’ Nut Bars – so much better than what you’d find in the grocery store. Sheri does the apricot version with a pinch of curry powder.
- Beef Jerky – you need some equipment for this recipe, but they are oh so good.